• It is a support technology that, by adapting all types of texts at different levels, allows for easier reading and understanding of the content.
• Its methodology follows the guidelines of the International Federation of Library Associations-IFLA and covers all, the text, the illustrations and the format.
• The levels of adaptation are differentiated by the greater or lesser amount of texts and illustrations, and linguistic complexity.
EASY READ refers to texts prepared with special care so that people with reading difficulties can read and understand them. It includes written texts, as well as images, design and typography.
• Because 30% of the population has reading difficulties
• Because access to reading is a social necessity and a right recognized in various national and international legal texts
• Because reading is a pleasure that allows us to share ideas, thoughts and experiences and empowers people by giving them tools that enhance their intellectual capacity
Fundación Visibilia is an Argentine member of Inclusion International, an international network of people with intellectual disabilities and their families advocating for the human rights of people with intellectual disabilities worldwide.
For over fifty years Inclusion International has been committed to the promotion of these human rights and our organization now represents over 200 member federations in 115 countries throughout five regions including the Middle East and North Africa, Europe, Africa, the Americas, and Asia Pacific.